Terms & Conditions of Use
Welcome to The Science Bank! Thanks for choosing Animalearn’s The Science Bank (“The Science Bank”, “we”, “us”, “our”). We are a service that provides educators, students, and others with access to humane science education materials on loan. By signing up or otherwise using The Science Bank service and website or accessing any content or material that is made available by The Science Bank you (“user,” “borrower”) are entering into a contract with Animalearn’s The Science Bank.
These Terms and Conditions of Use govern your use of our service and describe the contract that you enter into by borrowing items from us. As used in these Terms and Conditions of Use, "The Science Bank service," "our service" or "the service" means the service provided by The Science Bank for using the humane science materials we loan. Your agreement with us includes these Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”). When you agree to these terms, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the policies of The Science Bank and agree to be bound by them. If you don’t agree with (or cannot comply with) the agreement, then you may not use The Science Bank service.
- The Science Bank Service: Loan Program
- You must be a resident of the United States to use The Science Bank service. If you are from another country, contact Animalearn at email@example.com for more information on borrowing materials near you.
- The Science Bank loans last two to three weeks, or as otherwise specified.
- The Science Bank materials are offered on a first come, first serve basis.
- It is the borrowers responsibility to ship the borrowed items back to The Science Bank. After you have finished with the item, please insure the items for the replacement value, which will be indicated on your Science Bank order form as well as the packing slip and letter, which goes out from Animalearn. The borrower should get a tracking number for the shipment so that it can be tracked. Borrowers can ship using either UPS, USPS, or FedEx.
- The Science Bank services, and any content viewed through our service, are for your use only. During your Science Bank loan, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access The Science Bank materials you have borrowed for a limited time period.
- If you are interested in purchasing any of the materials that you borrow through The Science Bank, The Science Bank staff can connect you with the manufacturers of the products. Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You agree to use The Science Bank service, including all features and functionalities associated therewith, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, or other restrictions on use of the service or content therein.
- ix. You agree not to archive, download (other than through express use), reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, publish, or license the content and information contained on or obtained from or through The Science Bank service without express written permission from The Science Bank and its licensors.
- Customer Support
- The Science Bank staff is available to assist you should you need help choosing the appropriate alternative for your classroom or if you need assistance using The Science Bank materials or help with the website.
- To find more information about our service and its features, or if you need assistance with your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Financial Responsibility
- You assume the financial responsibility of The Science Bank materials until they are returned to The Science Bank.
- While, The Science Bank service is provided free of charge, to ensure your financial responsibility for The Science Bank materials, the borrower allows The Science Bank to hold a valid credit card number for the time in which the items are borrowed. Your credit card will NOT be billed unless the item(s) are not returned or they are damaged.
- If items are damaged or lost while in your possession or en route back to The Science Bank, you assume the financial responsibility for the items; and therefore authorize The Science Bank to charge your credit card for the cost to repair or replace the items as necessary.
- If any of the items borrowed are broken in transit or for some reason not operational when you receive them, it is your responsibility to inform The Science Bank; otherwise you assume the financial responsibility for the damaged item(s).
- If items are not returned by the time arranged, the products will be considered lost, and you assume the financial responsibility for replacing the items.
- Payment Methods. You may edit your Payment Method information by visiting our website and clicking on the "Your Account" link, available at the top of the pages of The Science Bank website. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not edit your Payment Method information or cancel your account, you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to bill the Payment Method.
- Passwords & Account Access.
- The member who created The Science Bank account and whose Payment Method is held is referred to here as the “Account Owner”. The Account Owner has access and control over his or her Science Bank account. The Account Owner's control is exercised through use of the Account Owner's password and therefore to maintain exclusive control, the Account Owner should not reveal the password to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth and accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
- Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Liability
- THE SCIENCE BANK SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, OR ANY OTHER FEATURES OR FUNCTIONALITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SCIENCE BANK SERVICE, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.