Verification for Individual Borrower
PLEASE READ ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING TO FORM
Welcome and thanks for choosing Animalearn’s The Science Bank (“The Science Bank”, “we”, “us”, “our”). We are a service that provides educators, students, and others with access to humane science education materials on loan. By signing up or otherwise using The Science Bank service and website or accessing any content or material that is made available by The Science Bank you (“user,” “borrower”) are entering into a contract with Animalearn’s The Science Bank.
These Terms and Conditions of Use govern your use of our service and describe the contract that you enter into by borrowing items from us. As used in these Terms and Conditions of Use, “The Science Bank service,” “our service” or “the service” means the service provided by The Science Bank for borrowing or using the humane science materials we loan. Your agreement with us includes these Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms”). When you agree to these terms, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the policies of The Science Bank and agree to be bound by them. If you do not agree with (or cannot comply with) the agreement, then you may not use The Science Bank service.
A. IMPORTANT: Financial Responsibility
- When you borrow The Science Bank materials, you assume the financial responsibility for those materials until they are returned to The Science Bank.
- While The Science Bank service is provided free of charge, in order to ensure your financial responsibility for The Science Bank materials, prior to borrowing materials, you (the borrower) must sign a legally-binding contract promising payment up to the full replacement value of any unreturned or damaged items. You must create an account with The Science Bank, to verify your affiliation with a public or private school, along with a school-associated email address or other documentation.
- If items are damaged or lost while in your possession or en route back to The Science Bank, you assume the financial responsibility for the items, and you will be sent an invoice for lesser of the cost of repair (as determined by The Science Bank staff) or the full replacement value of the items.
- You must inspect the materials upon delivery, and If any of the items borrowed are broken or for some reason not operational when you receive them, it is your responsibility to inform The Science Bank immediately; if you fail to notify The Science Bank of damaged materials immediately upon delivery, you will then be responsible for paying the cost of repair or full replacement of the materials.
- If items are not returned by the time arranged, and you fail to respond to attempts at contact from The Science Bank, the products will be considered lost, and you will be responsible for paying the full replacement cost of the materials.
- Payment. You will be asked to provide a signature on a legally-binding contract stating that you agree to these terms and conditions of use, and that you will pay for the repair or replacement of any lost or damaged items (at the discretion of The Science Bank). You will be invoiced for the lesser of the cost of repair (as determined by The Science Bank) or the full replacement value of any unreturned or damaged items.
B. The Science Bank Service: Loan Program
- You must be 18 years of age to use The Science Bank service. Individuals under the age of 18, may use The Science Bank materials at the discretion of the borrower. But the financial responsibility remains with the borrower.
- The Science Bank materials are only available for loan within the United States. You must be a resident of the United States to use The Science Bank service. If you are seeking such materials outside of the United States, please contact Animalearn at email@example.com for more information on borrowing materials near you.
- The Science Bank loans last three weeks from the date of delivery, unless otherwise specified below.
- The Science Bank materials are offered on a first come, first serve basis. Animalearn assumes responsibility for the cost of shipping borrowed items to the borrower.
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to ship the borrowed items back to The Science Bank. After you have finished with the item, please insure the items for the replacement value, which will be indicated on your Science Bank order form as well as the packing slip and letter, which goes out from Animalearn. The borrower must receive a tracking number for the shipment and report that tracking number to The Science Bank. Borrowers may ship using UPS, USPS, or FedEx.
- The Science Bank services, and any content viewed through our service, are for your use only. During your Science Bank loan, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access The Science Bank materials you have borrowed for a limited time period.
- If you are interested in purchasing any of the materials that you borrow through The Science Bank, The Science Bank staff can connect you with the manufacturers of the products. Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You agree to use The Science Bank service, including all features and functionalities associated therewith, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, or other restrictions on use of the service or content therein.
- You agree not to archive, download (other than through express use), reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, publish, or license the content and information contained on or obtained from or through The Science Bank service without express written permission from The Science Bank and its licensors.
- Hold Harmless. The Borrower shall hold harmless, defend and indemnify The Science Bank from any and all claims, actions, suits, charges and judgments whatsoever that arise out of the The Science Bank’s performance or nonperformance of the services or subject matter called for in this Agreement.
- Non-Waiver. The failure of either party to exercise any of its rights under this Agreement for a breach thereof shall not be deemed to be a waiver of such rights or a waiver of any subsequent breach.
- Notices. All notices required to be given pursuant to this Agreement must be in writing and delivered by hand or mailed by United States registered or certified first class mail, postage prepaid; or delivered by regulated commercial carrier having provisions for proof of receipt (such as Federal Express) to The Science Bank, 801 Old York Road, #204, Jenkintown, PA 19046.
- Assignment. Borrower shall not be allowed to assign or delegate this Agreement in whole or in part without the prior written consent of AAVS. Any attempt by Borrower to assign this Agreement without AAVS’s written consent shall be null and void.
- Choice of Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to Pennsylvania’s conflict of laws doctrines.
- Entire Agreement. This agreement sets forth the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and may not be modified or amended except by written agreement executed by the parties hereto.
- Severability. If any part of this Agreement is held unenforceable, the rest of this Agreement will nevertheless remain in full force and effect.